Thursday, December 20, 2012

Bolt Action Japanese Tank

 A little more progress on my Japanese force for Boly action - a Chi-Ha tank complete with Jungle foliage camouflage.  I'm about 90% done with the tank and then I need to hit it with some dull coat to take the shine of some of the plastic leaves.


 Let me know what you think.


I also completed 10 infantry men and a command group (13 figures in total) which will be displayed first as part of the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge.  After a few days I'll post some pictures of them here.


10 comments:

Allan and Carmen said...

Great job on the tank.

I love the way you have used the folliage for camoflage.

James Brewerton said...

nice work on the jungle camo, will look fine after the dull coat.
Peace James

Beccas said...

2 thumbs up from me. Great job.

Steven said...

That looks great!

Unknown said...

The foliage is great! Maybe a little wash & a very soft earthy drybrush could make this look absolutely amazing.

Thomas

Tony said...

Well done - I like what you have done with the plastic foliage.

Tony

Anonymous said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Merry Christmas.

Helen

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

I'm a sucker for the early war tanks... the look so fragile... so if anything was going to make me go to the pacific theatre it would be those Japanese tanks... lovely job...

PS. "boly action" (sic) you been hitting the Champers??? :o))

DeanM said...

Miles:

The leaves look very appropriate for the tank. This is another area I'm quite unfamiliar with - even though I have the ancestry and grew up in Hawaii, I've tended to look more toward ETO for WW2 stuff. Some day though - with continued inspiration from pieces like this. BTW, you could also try a light wash &/or dry-brush highlighting after the Dullcote - to your taste. Happy Holidays, Dean

jmilesr said...

Thanks for the comments - I will try a wash on the leaves and then seal with dull coat.