Sunday, May 21, 2017

Dinner in London

While I was in London, I had dinner with Tamsin, Ray, Lee and Postie!  It was a lovely event and I even received an invitation from Postie to come over to his gaming warren.  Perhaps one of the greater honors achievable in wargaming-dom.

The diner and conversation was grand and it was good to catch up with everyone.  I had hoped to extend my stay to be able to go to Partizan but those plans were disapproved by my lovely, yet fierce, wife.

We met at a pub called the Black Dog in Vauxhall.  I think it's more properly designated as a "gastro-pub" but I don't care as the location is great and the food better.  I greatly appreciate everyone traveling through the rain to get to dinner.  I'll need to come to you guys next!


6 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

T'was great to meet up for a chat once again and thank you for footing the bill too!!! Looking forward to you making an appearance at Reject HQ.

Ray Rousell said...

From Postie

"It was nice to meet you Miles finally! Thanks for a lovely meal and good company."

All the best Postie

TamsinP said...

Lovely to meet up with you again Miles - thanks for picking up the tab; most generous of you :)

Paul O'G said...

Fantastic! I have really loved meeting blogosphere characters in my travels.

best,
Paul

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

I would highly recommend visiting Reject HQ's as I can personally attest that it is a wonderful experience full of fun natured banter and well thought through games. If I ever get a chance to go again I'll jump at the chance.

Christopher

DeanM said...

Great food, great pub, and even greater company! Nice! I recognize these famous characters of the hobby.