Sunday, December 16, 2018

Challenge Prep (yet again)

One of my goals for this years Challenge is to build 7-8 15mm scale Napoleonic ships.  Theses are not First Rate ships of the line but a few will be frigate class.  The models I'm building are from the wonderful Sea Eagles line from Thoroughbred Miniatures.  The kits are fantastic but have a lot of parts!

There are two ships in the picture - if you squint you can see a simple gunboat armed with a single 32 pounder cannon.  It's about 5 inches long.  At the bottom is the 17 gun USS Onieda which is a bit more involved.  I do love building ship models but have my work cut out for me right now.  Not sure if I'll fall the Oneida as British or French but lets see how the fleets shake out.

These ships will be part of my upcoming 2019 Historicon which will be a very fictional battle simulation Napoleons invasion of Britain.  The scenario will have the British player trying to affect the escape by sea of King George.  I still need to find some 15/18mm scale miniatures for to use for his Royal Highness and coach - any suggestions?

5 comments:

BigLee said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your entries thus year. Especially that ship. Looks like you've got a lot of work ahead of you.

DeanM said...

Wow - that's gonna be an impressive looking fleet of ships, Miles.

TamsinP said...

Looking forward to the ships Miles :)

Stew said...

Good luck with your challenge. You are setting the bar really high. đŸ˜€

MartinC said...

looking forward to being pipped at the post again. try this for a coach https://www.magistermilitum.com/era/renaissance/cw27-17th-or-18th-century-gentlemans-coach.html