Tuesday, September 1, 2020

More Urban Test Buildings: 15mm scale

 I've ordered some MDF buildings from Allen at Gamecraft Miniatures in both 15mm and 6mm scale to do some more test builds for my planed Stalingrad table.  The 15mm buildings arrived and I threw them together in about an hour.  These are really nice kits and I highly recommend Gamecraft as a terrain provider.

One of the buildings is made out of matboard rather than MDF and I really liked the detail the kit allows via layering.  This one I gave a quick paint job.  No weathering yet - that will wait until the rubble stage.
A quick mock up using the hexes.  Some of the ruins are a little high for the building in Stalingrad but that's a very easy fix with a pass or two through the band saw.

Right now I'm leaning to 15mm but will wait to the 6mm stuff shows up before making a final decision.

3 comments:

Greg B said...

Painting terrain...it makes my head hurt!
Great stuff Miles, I'm sure the finished product will be fantastic.

BigLee said...

I've always fancied having a go at a Stalingrad game. The buildings look good. I'll be interested in seeing the 6mm ones when they arrive.

Miles said...

I just received the shipping notice on the 6mm buildings so we'll have a comparison in a week or so. Since this is primarily an infantry fight, I'm leaning 15mm but lets see.