Saturday, January 23, 2021

Stalingrad: Terrain Texture Saturday

 

The terrain workbench if all set up to add texture and sanded tile grout to each of the hexes.  This is the last step in terrain making and really is best done in a production line manner.  I'll do a more detailed tutorial in a future post.


There will also be a good bit of building painting today.  One of the drawbacks of laser cut terrain is the burn marks that show through on the tabs and edges.  Because these are end grain and soak up paint it can be hard to get rid of them.  I like to just cover them up with moulding using my favorite hobby glue - Eileen's Tacky Glue (it's just super thick PVA)
I use plastic angle stripe (from Evergreen) to cover the corners.  Boom - no edges.
I also cut some thin stripes of mat board to add along the sides - its a nice detail to add to a model building and they cover up the construction tabs.


3 comments:

Bluewillow said...

That looks good,

I recently received some very fine river sand as a gift, I will be doing something similar very soon!

Cheers
Matt

Neil Scott said...

Looking good

Matt Crump said...

Looking good 👍