Thursday, September 22, 2011

SAGA - Yet another project?

On a whim, I decided to pick up the new Medieval Skirmish ruleset "SAGA" from Ernie over at Architects of War.  I must say after a quick read that the rule system is very intriguing and the activation mechanism very clever.

The game revolves around war bands of 30-40 figures that are organized into units of 4 to 12.  There are currently four nationalities (Vikings, Saxons, Welsh and Normans) each with there own unique characteristics.

Yet another project and wargaming period may be daft but I am very tempted to paint up a Viking Warband since I already have a box of the plastic Vikings from Gripping Beast.

These rules seem really promising....

Must stay focused, ships to  finish....

Wow Vikings are cool....

Must stay ummm what was that?...

Oooohhhh Shiny

5 comments:

Cyrus said...

I'm pretty interested in Saga too but still waiting on my pre-ordered rules. There's a lot of scope for Dark Age skirmish games and according to the Saga Forum they're working backwards in developing warband lists.

Paul O'G said...

Dont fight it - embrace it!

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Picked up a copy straight from the source so to speak and it does look quite interesting!

Christopher

Anonymous said...

My main concern is the price - 40.00 to get the rules and then special dice. I've been burnt too many times to count. Once you play a few games I hope you'll give an in-depth review.

jmilesr said...

The rules may seem pricey but I think the creativity factor outweighs the price. I do agree the dice costs are high but they are just six sided dice and the rules show you how to use regular dice as a substitute. Perhaps not as cool as a die with a nordic rune, but statistically just as valid.

Let's see how it goes after a few games

Miles