Friday, August 30, 2019

The Prusa 3D Printer is Fixed and Working!


The replacement Thermistor arrived on Wed and I actually managed to get it installed correctly on Thursday.  My Prusa is back up and working.  I must say I'm really impressed with the quality of Prusa's customer service - the part was dispatched from the Czech Republic on Friday and received in Maryland by Wed.  There's also a superb set of instructions online of how to replace a thermistor which made Thursday's "operation" rather easy.

The first print from my newly "thermistorized"* print head is a warehouse roof.  Perhaps not the most exciting of subjects but I've made a commitment to the club to print off a warehouse and paint it up.
How big is this warehouse?  I'm 25% done with the two sections pictured.  There are three more building/roof sections to print out!

You may see this warehouse in an upcoming LWTV video....

Anyway, I'm really happy with the Prusa printer and the level of customer service.  There are less expensive printers out there but I think the combination of hardware and support quality make Prusa worth a bit of a premium price.


* I know "thermistorized" really isn't a word but given that Google's auto spell correct feels free at times to substitute any word other than the one I want, I try to strike back by making up new words to confuse their devilish algorithms.

Fight the Power!

3 comments:

Gary said...

In interesting I had planned to buy A Prusa. Instead I bought a CR10 and Ender 3. Both machine have been running 24/7 for three months. No breakdowns so far. I updated the ender with a new silent motherboard Creality offered. I'm amazing that you can't hear the printer run. Ender3 makes amazing prints for under 225 dollars. The Cr-10 I bought up to Cr-10S standards. The conversion I just finished late last night. All in All I down with the update spent a little $650 dollars. Buy an Ender3 it is smaller 3d printer I think yo will be amazed. Next is to running Prusa splicer instead of Cura. Like the print you made. I hope to post picture of finished Samurai shortly

roro said...

Hi!
Can you tell us the filament you used for this print and the settings of your Prusa?
I'm really exciting about getting one Prusa (may be next month) and print some models for my gaming room so I'm very interesting by your feedback on 3D printing with Prusa Mk3.
thanks !

BigLee said...

Look forward to seeing the final warehouse when complete. And as for your personal battle against 'autocorrect'...power to your elbow mate, I'm on your side.