Sunday, June 27, 2021

3D Resin Printing: USS Minnesota

 

Some more experimentation with 3D printing - in this case a 1/600 scale model of the USS Minnesota from the ACW.


I purchased the stl files from a designer on the Wargaming 3D marketplace called East Coast Ironclads.  He has a large range of ACW ships to choose from and of the two I've purchased I have been very impressed.


The spars on the masts can be a bit delicate so I plan on reinforcing them with some green stuff sculpted to look like furled sails.  Off course if they break due to gameplay one can always just print off a new one!


I've got some pretty large gaps in my ACW ironclad collection and these models are a great way to fill them without spending a ton of money.

1 comment:

rct75001 said...

Looks great. The print also looks much sharper detail than the first few on the armoured vehicles. So much opportunity

Richard