Saturday, April 11, 2020

Terrain Workshop Re-Organization



My terrain work shop is a disaster, so I spent a good bit of Friday cleaning and reorganizing the mess.  Good progress was made but more needs to be done.  One funny thing is. I always put off these types of tasks until they can no longer be delayed yet really enjoy performing the task when it actually gets underway.
 The result - a workbench that can be used.  As a bonus I discovered these two unfinished hill sections under the rubbish I made more than a year ago.  Each is 20 inches long and can be placed next to each other to form a long ridge.

Finishing those hills will be today's project.  There's a little damage to repair as I apparently stepped on them while stumbling around the workshop.  I have never been accused of a surplus of grace.
 The floor space is almost all cleared out.  Still some more work to do but at least it's no longer a hazard area to move around in.
The new cabinet is in use storing Jungle terrain and terrain supplies.  To the left of the cabinet are my terrain panels (some of which were store on the floor.  The collection currently stands at 18, 2x2 ft panels.  I've got storage room to add 12 more and will be doing some special terrain (trenches, rivers, urban area foot prints etc.  I really like these panels as they look very nice but are easy to store and move for convention games.

About half of the Jungle terrain on the top two shelfs and the cabinet top will be making their way to Canada as they's Curts from the Analogue Hobbies blog.  Once I get off my ass and package them up, the freed-up space will be used to store 15 and 6mm buildings/terrain.

Only one of the drawers on the right side of the cabinet is currently in use as a barracks for minis.  It's the bottom one which has the bulk of the 15mm Arab Conquest Army cavalry I painted up for this years painting challenge.  The other seven drawers are empty for the moment but will likely get filled very quickly as my Russo-Japanese War project is moving along nicely.  I may have even received a shipment from War Times Journal of 3D resin printed models for every ship involved in the conflict.  Every ship.......


5 comments:

Terry Silverthorn said...

Kudo's on the re-org! I am currently going through the same thing in my gameroom. Trying to compress, clean, list eveything & make the floor visible again! May as well make the most of this staying at home time while we can't have buddies over to game!

Moiterei_1984 said...

Now that’s what I'd call quite a mess Miles! Makes me feel better about the state of my work shop though...

Tom L said...

Good luck on the cleanup and shipping of excess off to Canada. Always nice to have that clean workshop feeling even though it rarely lasts.

Jonathan Freitag said...

That is a mess, for sure, but it cleaned up nicely. Work new cabinet is both functional and handsome.

BigLee said...

I always enjoy a good tidy-up. maybe I'm a bit OCD, but I find it quite calming!