Friday, December 20, 2019

Challenge Eve: The Painting Bench is Prepared, Awaiting the "GO" Order

My painting bench has been cleaned and organized (well sort of, but good enough for me).  As with past Challenges, I start with brand new brushes but there's a difference this year.  On the left are my tired and true but really expensive Winsor and Newton Series 7's in sizes 3, 2 and 1.  To date these have been the best pigment application weapons I've ever used.

But this year's there is another option - a much less expensive set of Kolinsky hair brushes which I'm going to give a try.  We'll see if Stalin's Quantity has a quality all its own assertion applies to tiny paint brushes.

Also you can see a hint of what lies ahead for me during this year's challenge - Some 15mm (Ok 18mm) Russian Generals from AB Miniatures and a WW1 British tank that was primed and ready to go since January of 2015 (Challenge V).  I suspect that makes it qualify for a certain waypoint on a path....

You will see a lot of 18mm Napoleonics, 28mm WW1 and a few surprises during Challenge X.

I will be off to a slow start given some water damage (see this post) but all is well.

Best of luck to all the Challenganista's!

5 comments:

BigLee said...

An admirably well organise painting space. I look forward to seeing your entries this year. Best of luck.

Jonathan Freitag said...

Very tidy!

AdamC1776 said...

Mine isn't prepared... but I have 2 year old I am sharing it with LOL

TamsinP said...

Jolly good luck, old bean(counter) - hope the new brushes do you proud :)

Bluewillow said...

All the best in the challenge

Cheers
Matt
French Wargame Holidays