Wednesday, May 5, 2010

E-Milestones

In a rather pathetic attempt at self-congratulation, I just noticed that my little spot on the net has passed two milestones - I've had over 10,000 hits and now have 50 followers.  To be honest, it's completely beyond me how the mainstream media has missed this story.  Perhaps all the hub-bub with the oil spill, the Icelandic Volcano whose name can not be pronounced, and financial services reform has grabbed all the attention.  It does seem unfair, doesn't it.

Anyway, I've learned a few things by keeping this blog.  It's a great way to meet and interact with other historical gamers, which has both increased my enjoyment of the hobby and taught me better skills.  Keeping the blog has also been a great motivator to make progress on projects - everyone remembers the joy and pride from elementary school "Show-and-Tell" sessions.  It's either make progress on projects or write about my deep inner feelings on relationships or regale against the cruel injustices that our medical establishment piles onto Pork-Fat based food stuffs (mmmmmm, bacon....).  I think we can all agree the less said about the latter two topics the better.

I look forward to the next 50 posts!

Maybe more bacon related stories might be an improvement - I think I need to get the new Pig-Sty scenery kit from Architects of War!

7 comments:

Broeders said...

Just noticed that I haven't seen a post from you for a bit.

Congrats on reaching the milestones!

Doc Smith said...

Hey pal - its your blog - blow the trumpet long and loud! You deserve it. Just did the same thing meself (it does kinda sneak up on you don't it??) - 10,000 hits AND 50 followers IS something to be proud of!

It means we're interested in what you have to say. But what goes with bacon? EVERYTHING! (mmmmm... bacon)

Keep up the social commentary and the good blog!

Cheerz
Doc

Steven said...

congrats!

Consul said...

Congrats!

I hope to one day achieve a similar feat :)

Consul.

jmezz382 said...

Congrates ! Always enjoy checking your blog

jmilesr said...

Thanks for the kind comments - back to painting 6mm figs

Green stuff and Alioop said...

Very hearty congratulations and well done!