Saturday, April 23, 2011
It seems that I've been selected for an award from that erudite and dashing chap over at the Man Cave blog. Far be it from me to look either a gift horse or underserved praise in the mouth. I'll take it whenever I can get it. While this award thing has the look and feel of an electronic version of a chain letter, it does allow me to add the honorific "Award Winning Blogger" to my CV.
Let's see here, the award has the following four stipulations
(1) A thank you and link back to the nominating blog
Thanks Man Cave!
(2) Share 7 things about yourself.
(3) Nominate 10-15 other blogs (hence the chain letter reference above)
(4) Contact said nominated blogs to let them know of their good fortune
Ok so here are the seven things about me. Lets just keep this between you and me.
- I am often mistaken for George Clooney and... Oh the rules require truthful things about me, well that's not as much fun but we'll start over.
Ok here we go, for real this time:
- I am an avid sailor and 1:1 scale boat builder (my other hobby)
- I coach my son's Robotics team (we're competing in the World Championships next week!)
- I am a economist by training and used to be one of those nasty banker types
- I am on the board of several non-profits
- I love Greek food (is there nothing that Feta cheese doesn't make better?)
- I spent an extensive amount of time in post-Katrina New Orleans for work reasons, including 3 weeks in a tent pitched on an off-ramp for I-10. Lets just say the decontamination showers really sting!
- I am often mistaken for Roger Ebbert (two thumbs up!)
and one more for good measure
- My personal business cards list my title as "Pompous Ass"
So here are my nominations. They are in no particular order, so you at number 10 don't get mad, I'm sure I like your blog better than all the others. As this award seems to be making the rounds of our little society there may be some double winners.
Well that's it. Are there any prizes associated with this award? Do the blog's I've noiminated send me money?