Once the buildings where painted they were given a black wash to bring out the details (no pictures of that step). I was a little nervous doing this out of concern the wash would highlight all the print layers. My concerns were somewhat valid but the whole look is fine.
I used a new (for me) wash formulation which was a 50/50 mix of water and matte medium, a few drops of flow aid and black and brown acrylic ink. I'm finding ink based washes to be superior to paint based ones. Like a lot of my recent scenery ideas, I got this one from the wonderful Black Magic Craft Youtube channel - if you like making scenery, go check it out. Jeremy does fantasy and D&D stuff bit the techniques have a much wider set of applications.
Once a project is done I pour the leftover flock into a bin and use it for basing .