Sunday, September 16, 2018

Back in the Workshop and a Contest

 I've been medically cleared to go back into the workshop and have started a few projects that have been on the wife's "I want this" list for a long time.  It does feel good not to have stitches anymore.

The contest is simple - guess what I'm building for the wife and you'll win a custom wooden dice tower from your's truly.

Lets see, this project needs some wood,
 and clamps, lots of clamps
Oh no - there are some scribblings on one of the wood spacers.  I wonder if that might provide a clue?

Is this project gaming related?  It could be if one uses a very generous definition of what wargaming is.

I'm doing the contest in part to say thank you for all the well wishes I got over the past 4 months as I went through my health drama.  They were all very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Contest Rules:
This is pretty simple - add your guesses as a comment to this post and I'll throw of the correct ones into a hat and pick a winner.  I make no representations that this contest will be managed in a fair and balanced way.

To make things interesting, I'll throw all of the incorrect guesses into another hat and pick a winner from that group also - yes that means I'm making two dice towers.  Postage will be on me as long as you live on the planet earth.

EDIT: It seems I'm really not all that good at running contests as I forgot to include a end date for submissions - lets fix that and say the cut off date for guesses will be September 23, 2018



11 comments:

wackmole9 said...

A shoe tower?

wackmole9 said...

A Shoe tower?

Bill daniel

MartinC said...

it's a white chocolate storage cupboard

jmilesr said...

hmmm, Interesting choices all but I can not comment on their validity yet...

The Angry Lurker said...

I will guess, garbage disposable area for rubbish bags?

Got-your-games said...

A tea-spoon dispenser

Ray Rousell said...

Is it a shelf rack for your good lady to store the list of all the jobs that you've got to do. It looks a it small though, I could be wrong?

Millsy said...

Five star cat apartments?

jmilesr said...

Hmmm - all very interesting suggestions.

Ray I think the cabinet would need to be both bigger and made of steel to carry the full list of stuff I'm supposed to do.

Mr T said...

Wine rack or a house for the cats maybe?

Robb said...

Filing cabinet?