Tuesday, October 22, 2019

One of the saddest days of the year.....

Its Autumn here on the Eastern Shore and one of the sadest days of the year is upon me - the removal of my power boat for the winter.  There she is waiting for the trailer to show up and begin her long winter hibernation.  It was a spectacular day for a last run down the creek to the levy.

This Boston Whaler is a bit long in the tooth as she is 13 years old but shows no sign of slowing down.  I may get another 10 years out of her.

Next week my sailboat comes out of the water and I'll be seasonally land-locked until spring.  Still when one door closes, another opens and that newly ajar portal is lots more time for painting miniatures.  I am planning a rather daft stunt for this years Painting Challenge (which will be #10).  What is it?  Mum's the word for now but I'm pretty sure it will be an epic undertaking.  Epic in either its stupidity or execution but epic none-the-less.


3 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

I shall look forward to your draft plan in the Challenge.

Paul O'G said...

See you at the challenge my friend!

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Sparrow comes out Sunday too, so I feel your pain...