This blog will will contain my rather pedantic ramblings on my experiences within the miniature war gaming hobby. There will be informative how-to’s, thrilling battle reports and thought provoking editorials. I fully expect that history will one day view the contents of this blog on par with Homer’s Illiad or Newton’s Principalia. Or it's a complete waste of time.
The main focal point of the battle of Lundy's Lane was a hill that traded hands several times during the battle. I finished the basic structure of the hill last night. It's a 3 foot x 2 foot piece of terrain that will sit on top my terrain boards.
Here's a close up of one edge. The hill will be relatively light but very sturdy. I'm focusing on playability rather than geological accuracy so the Hill will feature a very flat "top". Today's mission for the Hill will be to cover it in hydrocal soaked paper towels and add some of the rock faces.
In all honesty, I screwed up some of the terrain boards in the previous post. I didn't wet the boards before applying matt medium in spots. The result is the medium doesn't spread evenly and you get what look like dribble marks. These may fade over time but it's best to redo those spots the right way.
I surprise myself with my capacity to repeat silly errors like this with each project. Oh well, it's a good thing I was only working on make-believe terrain!