Tuesday, October 30, 2012

X-Wing by Candlelight: A Sandy By-Product

No pictures, but last night my son and I played X-Wing by candlelight as Hurricane Sandy swirled around outside us.  It was fun in a campy sort of way or as my son said (hopefully with tongue-in-cheek) "gee dad we're playing X-Wing just like the pioneers did".

The storm seems to have passed maryland without a huge amount of damage - some trees down and no power (got to love cell phones that become mobile hotspots!).  I'm typing this listening to the hum of our generator.

Be well out there!

6 comments:

Broeders said...

We heard that electricity was down for over 5 million people over there! Glad you're all safe and well.

Great comment by Junior!

Anibal Invictus said...

Glad to see you're in one piece! And great comment indeed, it made me laugh really loud... Inside a packed train travelling from Barcelona to Madrid ( blush)

Mark Burgess said...

Glad that everyone is safe in your Lair, and that the worst has past you by, hopefully. I hope you enjoyed the game ;)

Paul O'G said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying s great game together, and that your only concern from the storm was doing it by candlelight - which adds a lots of atmosphere in my book!

Sir Tobi said...

When I've heard the storm would hit the east coast I was very concerned about you, so I'm glad you've wrote this post. Happy gaming and all the best! Tobi

jmilesr said...

Thanks for the nice remarks and concerns but we're doing fine. The loss of power really isn't that bad (it's actually kind of fun for a bit).

Hopefully the sun comes out tomorrow and clean up starts!
Miles