Thursday, May 22, 2014

Blue Angels in Annapolis, MD

Yesterday, Sean and I went to Annapolis to watch the Blue Angels show, which is part of the commissioning ceremonies at the US Naval Academy.   This show marks the Blue Angels return to the graduation festivities after a four year absence due to a training stand-down and then the foolishness associated with the sequestor.  Please excuse the quality of the video as I was using my I-phone and it's a good thing I don't make my living from my video taking skills.  I was only able to figure out how to upload a short video, but it gives you an idea of what the show was like and how fast these aircraft are moving.  Amazing and inspiring stuff.





Some may question the cost of staging such a show.  After seeing one of their shows I doubt you'll find a better recruiting tool!

Graduation week at the Academy is yet another reason why the Chesapeake Bay area is one of the greatest places to live.  Tonight I'll be taking Sean and MB to dinner in Annapolis which can be very expensive as there's an un-official rule that grads and their parents don't pay for their meals so other patrons chip in.  Money well spent if you ask me.

No comments: