Thursday, December 4, 2014

5 Hours Until Paint-a-Gedon Commences

 Well it's roughly 5 hours until this year's Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge V (AHPCV) commences.  In honor of this grand event I uncorked a bottle of one go my favorite Malbec's and proceeded to finish it off while cooking dinner for my lovely wife who's been delayed due to a surgery going a bit longer than she expected.


I decided to try an earn a few extra hours at the painting workbench this weekend by making dinner - a simple pasta and salad plus the wine from above.  The sauce is simple - flash fry some garlic in olive oil, add the wine and cook it down then toss in the tomatoes and some (ok a lot of) white pepper.  Let if cook for an hour of so and you look like a chef.  The key is not to burn the garlic in the oil.

We'll see how much extra paint desk time this meal earns but it couldn't hurt

Ladies and Gentlemen - Start your brushes!!!!!


6 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Slurrrp.... and Malbec is a particular favourite of my sisters...

alex sengir said...

good luck and mood for painting

Stefan (aka. Monty) said...

Excellent painting challenge eve... Good luck !

Mad Padre said...

Delicious. I always struggle with not burning garlic when I cook.
I am sure you now well-fortified for the challenge ahead.
Bon appétit and bonne chance!

Millsy said...

Hmmm... No mention of spreadsheets! Is this a ploy to lull me into a false sense of security? Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your SWMBO sir!

Curt said...

You're a good man Miles! I'm definitely going to have to get a bottle of that to try...