Monday, December 19, 2016

It works!

 The lamp has been wired and lights up!  More importantly, I didn't get an electric shock and the house hasn't caught on fire.

The next step will be to wire in the the toggle with on the base but that's pretty easy.  Well it's easy if I remember to unplug the cord.  If I don't then.....

I was thinking of using the the valve as a dimmer but after reading the Sengled light bulb instructions it the bulb doesn't need one as it is controlled via wireless and a phone app.

I'll test the blue tooth speaker out tomorrow and then finish the project up.

 A few in progress shots - the base is a simple design from an unknown type of hardwood.  Rockler sells a box of hardwood scraps that is one of the best buys I've every made.  I've gone through a third of the box on 6 different projects.

A shot of the base plate and toggle switch.  The hardest part of the project was chiseling out 3/4 x 1 1/4 inch slot for the toggle with to fit into.  The wood is Really hard and I had to stop and resharpen my chisel halfway through.

This was a fun project.  I stole the idea from Steve Ramsey's YouTube channel.  His videos are really corny but fun and the projects he demonstrates are very accessible by beginners and people looking for something quick.  I really like the channel.