Friday, March 29, 2019

Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge IX: Details

Challenge IX was very different for me on several fronts.  As mentioned earlier, I posted a personal high of 5,051 points and came in second overall - that's a pretty big achievement right there.   As the chart on the right indicates a lot of the points production was backloaded.  That wasn't me being cheeky but rather the reflects that scenery projects take a lot longer to get to a completed state.  With figures you can post them as they're done in small groups but with scenery it's just not done until it's done.


The other big change is what was painted during this challenge.  Usually my topics of choice are 28mm scale and fall into either the American Civil War or WW2.  Challenge IX was very different as it was dominated by two different topics - 15mm Napoleonics and Scenery which combined for 83% of my production over the winter. as shown in the chart below:

 Challenge IX Points Distribution:  
 15 MM Napoleonics  Points  Percent 
       Naval               638 13%
       Land            1,495 30%
         Total            2,133 42%
    
 28MM WW2                90 2%
 28MM ACW               335 7%
 Gunfighters Ball              365 7%
 Scenery            2,055 41%
 1/600 ACW Naval                16 0%
 Blood Bowl                 57 1%
            5,051 100%
    
 15MM            2,133 42%
 28MM               847 17%
 1/600 Naval                 16 0%
 Scenery            2,055 41%
            5,051 100%

I didn't really do a lot of 28MM stuff this Challenge and it was a nice break.  I still love the 28mm scale but there are other aspects of the hobby to explore.  The one thing that did link this Challenge to my past ones is the bulk of what was produced is in support of my planned summer convention games at Historicon.  More on the in future post.

Thanks to Curt and Sarah for putting on this madness and thanks to all the participants.  The Challenge remains my favorite hobby exercise and I look forward to Challenge X!