Saturday, March 9, 2019

Workbench Clean Up & So Long to a Old Friend

One of the side effects of miniature painting (well, at least the way I do it) is the creation of a giant mess and periodically I need to stop on clean the place up.  I was in the process of doing just that and came to the conclusion that is was time to replace the self healing mat.  Mr Green (mat) has seen many years of service and been through a lot, but sometimes it just time to hang things up.  Let us all tip out hats as Mr Green exits stage right into a well earned retirement.  We shall not see the likes of him again.
I also cleaned the workbench off and have also realized that after the challenge it needs a full sanding and re-finishing.
Here's the new mat in place.  I know I'm being very avant guard going with a dark grey version.  Sometimes one just needs to shake things up.  We'll see if doing so improves my rather limited painting skills.

11 days of the Challenge left to go and I've got a business trip and Cold Wars in between so I'm not sure how much more I can get done.  At least everything needed for the cold wars games is finally completed.

4 comments:

MartinC said...

groovy mat. as for not much more painting you're about to post an epic series of posts. please stop now

marinergrim said...

Looks very neat. Nice mat.

DaveD said...

Just done that very thing myself .. new mats all round . I find it does help having a good tidy up once in a while

David Sullivan said...

Your painting table is too neat. Fix that.