Tuesday, January 7, 2020

First Game of the Year: NUTS!


I played in my first game of 2020 last night at the club.  Greg ran some "teaching" games of the WW2 skirmish ruleset NUTS!  It was nasty Russian vs even nastier Germans.  Keith and I were Russian players and we faced of against Dave and Tony

The game is a very tactical depiction of WW2 with some RPG elements thrown in.  Your commander is meant to represent you and each figure can have unique attributes.  We kept it all pretty generic for the first game.

To be honest, I was a little leery of the game as I tried to read the rule book and found it to be very hard to understand.  My concerns were misplaced, I really enjoyed the gameplay and look forward to playing again.

There are all sorts of rules that make getting your commander killed outright pretty hard.  Tony and I managed to blow past all of those protections as the first casualty for each side was our respective commanders.

Can't wait to try the game again.

4 comments:

Bluewillow said...

Love it, off to a early start too!

All the best for your projects in 2020

Cheers
Matt
French Wargame Holidays

Maashes said...

NUTS is a great rule set.

Stuart S said...

Great looking table and good to get the first game kicked off.
Cheers
Stu

Miles said...

I was really impressed with the NUTS! ruleset after playing a game and am looking forward to a lot more.