Saturday, February 15, 2020

Welcome to the Jungle 2.0 - In Production Now

 The test Jungle section pieces came out really well.  I'm very pleased with them.  There's still a little more to do in terms of tiny details and silly easter eggs but the overall look is what I was going for.
 I did 3 test pieces.  This is the first time I've worked with raw cork bark as rock faces and I'm impressed.  Obviously not as customizable as carving EPS foam but really fast looks very natural and is cheap.
With the technique nailed "downish", It's time to start mass production.  I'll also be tarting up some of the old pieces to make the journey up to Curt in the great white north

Some of the old pieces have been completely stripped other are having major surgery done as you can see in this picture.

Back to the terrain bench

8 comments:

MartinC said...

very nice, I'm expecting the whole of Panama. Hope all is well at you end

Codsticker said...

Really wonderful work. The colour and texture of the foliage and the jungle floor is perfect.

Unlucky General said...

Truly very beautiful.

Phil said...

Inspired works on these terrains, well done!

Miles said...

Thanks for the kind comments. I am very happy with this version.

MartinC - February has been a very difficult month, but things are stabilizing. Sometimes all one can do is adjust to the new normal and carry on.

George Anderson said...

Those are lovley terrain pieces.

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Wow Miles, these are fantastic! Now just show me how to shrink them down to 1/1200 or 2MM scale!😉

rross said...

Truly outstanding jungle terrain...great work!