Friday, November 27, 2020

6mm Ancients - UNLEASH PRIMER!

 

With the start of the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge (version 11.0) a little more than 3 weeks away, it's time to start prepping mini's.  In addition to finishing up my 15mm Stalingrad project, you'll be seeing a lot of 6mm Ancients - literally thousands of the tiny blighters.


My first of two orders from Baccus has arrived.  In that tiny box were figures for a Republican Roman army and a Parthian one.  The second order, which is still being processed has a large Sucessor Army and my favorite - Dacians.


First up for priming are some Roman Hastati, which I will be basing in 3 ranks of 8 on 40mm square bases.  40mm squares are the standard used for the rules Age of Hannibal, which we use at the club and I highly recommend.  I also used 40mm bases for my Russo Japanese armies.

Lighter infantry, such as velites Velites will be less dense, with maybe 6-8 figures per base.  Dense formations like Phalanxes will have 6 ranks of 8 figures so 48 per base.  Steve from the club has a beautiful Macedonian army and has 64 figures crammed onto a 40mm square base.


My Republican Roman army will have 16 bases of Hastati/Principes, 2 Triarii, and handful of Roman cavalry plus both Italian and Spanish allies (mostly light troops)  


 

6 comments:

BigLee said...

I look forward to seeing these in the Challenge...especially as I'm probably not going to be doing any 6mm stuff this year. Well, I say nothing, but No doubt some 6mm will creep in eventually.

Codsticker said...

You can prep minis before starting? Oh didn't know that! I hope to get in on the challenge this year (it fills up fast!).

Chancellor87 said...

What ancient rules are you using?

Chancellor87 said...

What ancient rules are you using?

Chancellor87 said...

What rule set are you using for these guys?

Miles said...

Age of Hannibal
http://www.littlewarstv.com/age-of-hannibal.html