Friday, August 17, 2012
20 Questions: The Uber Geek Version
Like a lemming, I'm following Fran and Ray's example and answering the 20 questions. I warn you, this foray into the very essence of the Uber Geek isn't pretty - you've been warned!
1. Favourite Wargaming period and why?
1/1200 Napoleonic naval - all those pretty Langton models and not that many people to compete with
2. Next period, money no object?
This is a tough one, but I'd have to say the Seven Years War / French and Indian Wars. All the pretty uniforms and varied terrains make for a big investment
3. Favourite 5 films?
- Seven Samurai
- The Searchers
- Young Frankenstein
- The Producers (the one with Zero Mostel)
- Inception (ohhh, I feel so trendy now)
4. Favourite 5 TV series?
- The Wire, Season 1
- The Wire, Season 2
- The Wire, Season 3
Have you figured out the trend yet?
5. Favourite book and author?
- The Odyssey, Homer
6. Greatest General? Can’t count yourself!!
7. Favourite Wargames rules?
- Hail Caesar
8. Favourite Sport and team?
- American Football, The New Orleans Saints!
9. If you had a only use once time machine, when and where would you go?
- Back to meet Thomas Jefferson
10. Last meal on Death Row?
- Something with lots of beans so I could get one last parting "shot" on the way out
11. Fantasy relationship and why?
- My wife, 'cause she reads this blog
12. If your life were a movie, who would play you?
- George Clooney. Well George Clooney if he looked like Roger Ebert
13. Favourite Comic Superhero?
- Iron Man
14. Favourite Military quote?
"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer" George Patton
15. Historical destination to visit?
- The Pryramids
16. Biggest Wargaming regret?
- Not getting started in the hobby earlier
17. Favourite Fantasy job?
- Charter Sail Boat Captain
18. Favourite Song, Top 5?
Comfort Eagle, Cake
This is Us, Mark Knopfler & Emmy Lou Harris
Hurt, Johnny Cash (well just about anything for Mr. Cash)
Toledo, Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharach
19. Favourite Wargaming Moment?
My first game of 28mm Napoleonics. I quickly found out that marching British infantry, in column formation, into French guns equals disaster and I spent the rest of the game cowering behind hills. Despite that, the whole spectacle on Ernie's table top had me hooked!
20. The miserable Git question, what upsets you?