Friday, August 31, 2012

Planning for Lundy's Lane at Fall In

 I will be hosting a largish game (at least to me) at Fall In that will attempt to recreated the battle of Lundy's Lane from the War of 1812.  The respective armies are mostly done - I still need to do a few British command stands and maybe a unit of Congreve Rockets.  The next big step in the preparations will be the Terrain.  The main feature of the battle was a large hill that traded hands several times during the battle along with woods and a farmstead.

The table size will be 5 feet x 10 feet and I've decided to build some terrain boards rather than go with overlapping terrain mats.  The boards will be 2ft x 5ft sections and umm I guess I'll need 5 of them!


I'm still trying to work out how to model the hill but it will be roughly 2ftx3ft and I need to terrain it so it works with both 28mm and 15mm (Flames of War).  Hopefully, I'll get the frames built for the terrain sections and hill this weekend.  I've got some Renedra fencing and the new cabin from Architects of War will do nicely for the farm.

This will be a "big battalion" game with 36-40 figs per battalion and 9-10 battalions per side.  Now to be honest, the orders of battle will not be exact representations of who was at the battle but more "representative" of the battle and units involved in the War of 1812.  Think of this game like those Hollywood historical epics that are "inspired by" actual events.

I am very pleased to announce that the game will have prize support from not one but two vendors at Fall-In - Architects of War and Knuckleduster Miniatures.  If your interested and going to Fall-In, please sign up when the PEL gets announced

No comments: