Monday, July 6, 2015
Sectional Terrain: Resin Pour Successful
The first picture shows the 2x2 foot river section. I use a resin called "Magic Water" and it works very well.
A few key learnings for me with resin water effects:
(1) Make sure the area's you want resin to be located are to lowest points on the terrain piece
(2) Add vegetation along the sides AFTER the pour
(3) Triple check the dams at each end of the river to look for leaks
(4) Have lots of grass tufts in various shades and sizes on hand to cover up any mistakes!
My remaining convention to-do's now include just:
(1) Building a rolling cart to facilitate transport (I have a simple design and just need to purchase a few metal tie-on points for the cargo straps). It should take me no more than an hour to build
(2) Edit and print out the player aides for both games. For some reason this task always slips to the night before departure. Players spotting typos and grammatical errors may earn a free re-roll!