Friday, July 3, 2015

Sectional Terrain: Roads Completed and the Project is close to the finish line....

 My gosh this is a never ending project.  At least I don't have to work on it in a suit and tie like poor old Legatus Hedlius (just teasing, my British friend).

The roads are now done - the remaining steps were to paint them with Iraqi Sand colored house paint.

 A shot showing a road section I made 4 years ago using a similar method.
 Once the paint has dried a quick wash of diluted black craft paint in water (approx 1 part paint to 15 parts water)

 Serviceable roads emerge!
 Another shot of the finished product - not the most detailed but will suit my purposes.

 I did manage a little silly detail for one of the forrest plates - a dinosaur fossil sculpted out of greenstuff.  It's a good thing I'm not a professional sculptor, 'cause I'd starve for sure.

I did decide to go ahead and pour the resin for the rivers this morning - either I'll be very happy in a few days or very sad but that is the way with resin.

Not pictures are some additional crop fields and a hill I've made which should bring terrain making to a close for the HCON games (I hope)


2 comments:

El Grego said...

I like the forest base, and might even imitate it!

It will be interesting to hear if anybody sees the fossil...

Stefan (aka. Monty) said...

Wonderful progress, Miles!
Carry on like this. :-)