Sunday, December 20, 2015

Ready, Set, Organize?

The Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge VI has officially commenced and after painting up a 28mm tank my next move required careful planning and decisive execution.

What was this master-stroke of pigment planning?  Was it switching from righty to lefty? No, not that.  Blindfolding myself and letting the "force" guide me?  Nope not that either (although some of you may have assumed that was the way I usually paint).  No silly painting fans it was an even more desperate act - I cleaned up my painting desk and broke out 3 new Windsor and Newton Series 7 Brushes (sizes 0, 1 and 2).

Oh yeah, "he just did that".

Look on in awe struck terror at the terrible magnificence of my sparking clean and organized painting area.  Imagine with dread the 3 fold increase in painting efficiency and skill such an environment will create.

Conan was right - the answer to the question what is best in life? is to "Break the brushes of your painting enemies, see their paints dried before you and hear the lamentations of their forever unpainted minis"

There have been unfounded rumors that the real cause for my cleaning my hobby space is the eminent arrival of my Mother-in-Law for Christmas and the rather strange panic it has induced in my lovely but fierce wife.  These rumors are completely inaccurate in some respects.  It is just a coincidence that I have decided, under my own accord and not out of dire fear of spousal repercussions, that the entire basement, my wood working shop and my office needed to be cleaned up and that such cleaning has to be completed today.  Yes just, ummmm, a coincidence.....

Merry Christmas everyone and may all of the painting challenge participants have a wonderful time!


4 comments:

TamsinP said...

Just a coincidence. Of course. We'll believe you (thousands wouldn't, but they aren't guests of The Campbell Institute For The Insane).

That looks very neat and tidy

Millsy said...

You tell yourself whatever you need to hear to make it through the day mate. :-)

DeanM said...

Wow that's a lot of Vallejo paint .

Sidney Roundwood said...

Good luck, Miles....that looks to be a great start to the Challenge!