Sunday, February 26, 2017

Trenchworx JagdTiger

My last tank from the Trenchworx "Tanks of the Western Front" kickstarter is a massive JagdTiger.  I've never done a winter themed army so wanted to give is a go with this beastie.

I also created my own "secret recipe for mud" which I think came out rather nicely.  The mud mix is a concoction of Liquitex flexible modeling paste, some Vallejo paint and fine cherrywood saw dust from my workshop.  Why cherry wood, because it's what I had on hand.

The winter-white wash was a lot simpler - base coat the tank German Field Grey and then use a stippling motion to apply the white - I did use a sort of dry brushing technique to take mot of the paint off the brush before applying to the tank.



I think it came out rather nicely.  I really wish I had loaded up on more of the Trenchworx's Western front kickstarter but their website isn't that far away.  Hey wait a minute here's a link - you should go there now!

Maybe, one day if we're all good they do a tanks of the Western Desert or Tanks of the Pacific campaign.  Maybe.....

:)

2 comments:

Paul O'G said...

I think this is amongst the best of your submission thus far Miles - I love the combination of mud and dappled winter camo effect

Steve Williams said...

Excellent! That thing's a beast.