Tuesday, November 5, 2019

I've been working on the Rail Road....

"I love the smell of Laser Burnt MDF in the morning, it smells of gaming". Ok that's a pretty muddled paraphrasing of Col Kilgore but it is an accurate description of the scent in the Lair as I've been assembling a lot of Sarissa Precsision 28mm rail road kits.

Sarissa has a large selection of rolling stock and the models are very fun to put together.*. The first picture shows the assembled Pannier Engine and freight cars set.  The set is a great deal and I highly recommend it.  I tossed in a 28mm Perry DAK officer figure for scale.

 If there are trains, then there must be some track, so I picked up a few track packs from Sarissa also.  They are very simply to put together but one tip is to paint the rails and ties BEFORE assembling the tracks.

The completed train - sorry the picture is a little dark
 A dark grey, rust streaked engine and flat car.

The rest of the rolling stock.  Why am I building a 28mm railroad?  Well you may see it in an upcoming LWTV episode....

* Usually Sarissa Precision kits are a joy to put together but one has to be in the right frame of mind - if you're in a rush, well then thing s might go awry.

3 comments:

TamsinP said...

"...for a dollar a day"

Nice train set Miles - look forward to seeing it painted up :)

Peter Douglas said...

That trains looking great Miles. I too am a great fan of Sarissa kits and find them a lot of fun to build and paint up. And yes the aroma....

Codsticker said...

Its great to see the SP freight cars built and painted. I built a track section for my Pulp Alley table and have been contemplating getting some cars.