Thursday, October 22, 2020

Stalingrad Project: Trudging Along

 

Steady progress is being made on the northern half of the table.  I can bang out about 25 hexes a day so it will be a bit before this one is done.


Because I'm an idiot, I decided to redo the Pavlov House model (and the adjacent apartment).  The models that I had purchased were very nice but were "true" 15mm scale and I'm doing this table at roughly 12mm to fit everything in.  The replacement buildings were made on my cricut using a file I designed and just look better size wise.

I'm having a lot of fun with the project and am constantly tinkering with the best way to make the terrain hexes.

More to come


4 comments:

Codsticker said...

It's coming along great. The rubble looks perfect. What scale railroad track are you using?

Miles said...

The RR track is scratch made by me out of mat board and styrene square rod for the rails

Codsticker said...

lol, that's hardcore. The rest of us cheat and buy model railroad track. Well done.

Matt Crump said...

Certainly seems an involved project.....will look fantastic when finished 👍