Sunday, February 13, 2011
Progress on the Roman Cavalry & Uncivil War Play Tests
I also made some progress on the USS Monogahala, which has been primed and had it's deck painted. The replacement brass rod for masts seems to working very well and the model is very durable.
Next up will be some "uncivil war" figures from Architects of War and then I'll likely start the 24 Roman Marines from Warlord - think auxiliaries with capes. The Marine models are metal with wire spears.
The next statement may sound like heresy to some, but I definitely favor modeling and painting 28mm hard plastic figures over their metal counterparts. It's not the cost factor the drives this inclination, I just find painting the plastic figs a bit easier than metal. I should probably feel ashamed...
On the gaming front, I did help with some more play testing of Ernie's upcoming "Uncivil War" skirmish ruleset. Ernie had us concentrate on some of the introductory scenarios which only have a handful of figures per side. One game features a sherif's posse hunting deserters and it was a blast. To be honest, I was a little dubious about how much fun a game could be with only 4-6 characters per side but I was proven wrong. Here are some pictures of the games in progress.