Wednesday, May 22, 2013

All Quiet on the Martian Front Playtest



 I had an opportunity to play test Alien Dungeon's new game "All Quiet on the Martian Front" tonight.  As you may have seen from the kickstarted this is a 15mm scale game of a second Martian invasion - take a look at the Kick-Starter here.  Gameplay is best described as "A BLAST".

The first picture shows a the imposing line of martian Tripods approaching the outskirts of Memphis.  The next picture show the human forces.
The humans spring a trap with a clamp tank and the Tripod antitank gun.  We succeeded in damaging the tripod but didn't kill it.  The Anti-Tripod gun was very effective and will be added to my human force list when the game comes out.
 The martians continue to close on the city....

 Success! the first tripod kill - from a the Anti-Tripod gun
 Carnage in the city!
 The game ended in a human victory but it was very close


 I'll post a better AAR in a few days but wanted to get some pictures up of the game



7 comments:

Monty said...

As a historical gamer, I just have to say this oozes all kind of cool! Great terrain, great martians and I especially love the red and black one!

James Brewerton said...

great looking game and I am very jealous of you getting to play test it too
Peace James

tradgardmastare said...

Lucky chap indeed to have this gaming experience...

DeanM said...

Fantastic looking game and models. Very, very impressive. Best, Dean

Doc Smith said...

Usually not my cup of tea but hats off to you all with a terrific looking SF game! I love those Martian models and the 1930s(?) styling of city and human forces. I just wish they'd made the movie set around the time Orson Wells first broadcast War of the Worlds!

Laughing Ferret said...

Very fun! This is definitely on my radar. Looking forward to more.

Grenzer John said...

I liked the ads and lead-up. Now I itching to try this game and paint the minis! Thanks for the great report!