Friday, June 12, 2015
Sectional Terrain: Burst of Activity
The first picture shows the river board - I'll be scratch building a bridge to give me an option to place over the ford. I also haven't decided how to finish the river itself - just paint the water and then apply epoxy to go for a deep look or glue down sand and light gravel to the river bed before applying the epoxy to go fora shallow look - any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
The remaining steps are to:
(1) add some additional ground textures and color variations to the boards
(2) finish the blending of the re-done hill sections
(3) decide how to and then execute the river scenery
(4) dress up the sides
(5) build a transport case to facilitate moving these bad boys around a convention
After that, it's the remaining scenery work
(6) Build 10+ tree plates - the trees will be removable so they are more durable during transport. I love my Architects of War tree plates but transporting them can be difficult)
(7) Misc fences - I've got a bunch of Renedra fences to paint up
(9) 14" long bridge to go over the ford
(10) Scenery for the Ironclad game - mostly shorelines and islands. Since it's 1/600 scale it isn't that imposing
With 5 weeks to go, it will be close but doable.