Monday, August 14, 2017

Garage and Basement Clean Out

We're sailing in troubled waters here in the Uber Geek's Lair - Executive Management has decreed that no new tools and/or miniature shall pass through our doors until I've cleaned out the garage and basement.  Shickingly, my lovely, yet fierce wife has the notion that a car needs to be able to fit into a garage/  ALL THE WAY IN no less.

Dark times, indeed.

Now these proclamations were delivered in the "I'm not kidding" voice which compels my obedience.

As a result, I have scheduled next week off from work, ordered a 20 foot long rubbish bin and purchased a pallet load of Aleve pain reliever.

Cleaning commences next Monday.

9 comments:

Peter Douglas said...

Are you having your miniature purchases delivered to your office in the interim?

TamsinP said...

She wants to put a car fully in the garage? What on earth for? Garages are for storage of tools, workbenches and junk not for sheltering motor vehicles! ;)

Mind you, it might create more space for more tools...

Matt Crump said...

Madness cars never go in garages...garages are where you keep the stuff that otherwise clutters up the games room ! But I'm not telling your wife 😬

Lasgunpacker said...

Hopefully no Raccoons will be assisting in the work!

Paul O'G said...

A car has no place inside a garage, it is a criminal waste of space.
But the ladies are known by the acronym of SWMBO for a reason...

jmilesr said...

I agree - this whole concept of garages are made for cars is fake news concocted by the main stream media in a desperate attempt to gather ratings.

On another point, don't you all I think I look dashing in my new tinfoil hat....

Peter Douglas said...

I'm sure that the "car" is a unit of volume used to described the storage space of ones garage, much like medieval ships ho,dis were measured in "tones" of wine.

Panzerfaust 150 said...

Dun Dun Dun!!!!

Steve Williams said...

Good luck!