Monday, August 28, 2017

Rough Looking Customers

 I was forced to attend my wife's summer party for the her students that patciapta in her charity "Smiles for Success" - they perform free restorative dental work for women who are abuse shelters.  It's wonderful but difficult work and these young ladies really do spend a great deal of effort on the program.  Sadly I was forced to attend this event, do standard man stuff like BBQ, wash dishes and in general publicly display my subservience to my lovely, yet fierce wife.  You can see my wife' disapproving gaze after some comment I innocently provided.

To make matters worse, some of the young ladies insisted on me taking them sailing.  It was an arduous task that history will one day determine rivals Hercules Labors.

Steve-theWargamer remarked in a comment on the last post that my sailing milage is down significantly this year.  That statement is true.  I do think I've managed to upgraded the crew quality.

3 comments:

Steve Williams said...

Well, God-damn! What did you do in a previous life? ;)

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

.
LOL... only you could get away with that, Miles, only you.. :o))

Lasgunpacker said...

Is your ship the Calypso by chance? Good thing you have Penelope to return to Odysseus.