Monday, October 23, 2017

Dog Sitting: Is it the gateway drug to a dog?

 My wife is a cat person.  It's a grave flaw but I love her none-the-less.  In our 30 years of marriage she has resisted adding a canine to the family portfolio in a fierce and determined manner.  I have decided on a more subtle tactic than holding my breath (and one that I don't pass out as often).  Dog-Sitting.  We dog-sat a close friends dog over the weekend named Otis.  He's a bit of fru-fru breed but fun and adorable.  I think he set out with a mission to convert my wife away from the pagan cult of cats and onto the true path of enlightenment - dogdom.

While not a water dog, he did like floating in the pool with MB on his makeshift Imperial Barge.
 There two were inseparable over the weekend.
Otis is always one to help out, you can see Otis proofing reading one of MB email responses for her clinic.  I think he caught a miss-diagnosis so he's a very smart little dog.

My plan may be working - on Sunday as we dropped Otis off to his family, MB inquired on when we can watch him again.

Patience. patience as the quarry draws near the trap....

4 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

A student of Hart's Indirect Approach, I see. Well done!

Peter Douglas said...

Empty nest and dog sitting? Better work on planning a doggy flap on your door!

alastair said...

That's it....shes doomed!!!

jmilesr said...

The real trick is convincing her that a Chesapeake Bay Retriever is just as cute and cuddle as a fluffy white cotton ball with legs....