Monday, June 24, 2019

HCON Prep: Scenicing Hill Sections

 The pace of work is picking up as the length of time decreases.  I'm pretty sure that's a universal concept.

The two corner hills have had the base ground cover added.  I need to detail the the small cusp for the left side one and then these chaps are done.

 The slope section has some exposed rock face and reveal sections which need to be painted up and sealed prior to adding ground flock.  It really important that these areas be fully dried before the ground foam is added to is becomes a mess.

For really detailed work I use my Vallejo's in a very watered down state.  These are my ground cover "triad" of colors.


I'm pleased with how both the rock face and gravel came out.  The rock face is just carved EPS foam and the gravel are tiny rocks and tile grout.  When this stuff dries it's like cement.

As you can see in the picture, the area is also soaked in Matte Medium which I'll give a few days to dry out.

Time left until Historicon:
17 days, 8 hours, 12 minutes

2 comments:

Curt said...

Looking suitably rocklike and fabulous. Well done Miles!

Stew said...

Lovin’ this project. Looks great. 😀