Sunday, July 25, 2010

3 More WWI Ships Completed


I got a little build and paint time in today and managed to complete 3 more 1/2400 British ships for my growing WW1 collections.  All the ships are from GHQ and the casting quality is top notch.  The ships that will be joining the Royal Oak (see a previous post) are, from left to right, the CV Furious, BB Ajax, and the Early Dreadnaught King Edward VII.

While I don't know that much about naval air operations during WWI, the Furious is a very interesting ship - it bow has a flight deck and the stern has a turret with a single mounted 18" gun!  Very interesting and fun to build.

I painted these while listening to the latest issue of the "View from the Veranda" podcast, available from either I-Tunes or the Meeples and Miniatures website.  Always a good listen, however the fabled discussion about point systems got bumped yet a again!

No comments: