Saturday, January 24, 2015

Back Home - Finally

 Not a lot of Hobby activity over the past two weeks as I've been traveling on business.  The first week found me in the UK spending a few days in Nottingham and then 3 days in London looking at some companies.  I was pleasantly surprised by Nottingham - hence the obligatory picture of the statue of Robbin Hood and...
 A good number of pints where had from the "Trip to Jerusalem" pub.  I've been told the Perry's can be sighted there on occasion - but, sadly, they were nowhere to be found during the two visits I made.
 London, as always, was a blast to visit on business and here's the obligatory photo of the double decker buses.

 After a week in the UK, I flew back to the US and then my wife and I flew out the next day for my investment firms annual planning meeting in the Turks and Caicos Islands.  This was definitely rough duty - especially leaving behind the sub-freezing temperatures in Maryland for the balmy 70-80F's  in the Turks.  Yes rough duty, indeed.

I was able to make friends with the local populace including this fine gecko who spent most of the evening attached to my shoulder.

We got back from the Turks last Thursday and then I had to spend Friday up in New York and then finally back home.  Hopefully I'll get some modeling and painting time in this weekend as my standings in the Painting Challenge have taken a tumble!

5 comments:

DeanM said...

Miles:

Nottingham is a cool place. Did you have a chance to visit the Foundry? It's walking distance from the castle. I have a bottle (empty now) of Old Trip to Jerusalem Ale. The fish & chips were great too.

TamsinP said...

I thought you'd gone a bit quiet Miles, and now I know why. Hopefully you'll soon be back into the top 3 to make things interesting for Dave and Millsy :)

Paul O'G said...

Welcome home - glad you had a good trip!

Monty said...

Blimey - you've been busy, Miles!

Stefan (aka. Monty) said...

Sounds like a really nice trip. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Welcome back in the bloggosphere and the challenge. ;-)